Welcome to STS High School
The School was founded in 1875 by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, the founder of Aligarh Muslim University. Sir-Syed-Ahmad-Khan200x281The foundation stone of the School was laid down on May 24, 1875 by Maulvi Samiullah Khan who was a close associate of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan and Secretary of the M.A.O. College Fund Committee. Its original name was “Mohammedan Anglo Oriental Collegiate School”. Teaching in this School was started on June 1, 1875 with 11 students on its rolls. Henry George Impey Siddons, a graduate from Oxford University, was its first Headmaster. The School was initially affiliated to the Calcutta University for the Matriculation examination and the first batch of four students appeared in the examination of 1877. Later on, the School was affiliated to the Allahabad University till the establishment of Aligarh Muslim University in 1920. The School then bore the name, Muslim University High School, but was popularly known as “Minto Circle”, after the then Viceroy of India, Lord Minto (1905-10), who generously funded for the construction of its new building. In 1966, the School was named after Syedna Tahir Saifuddin, the then Chancellor of A.M.U., and since then is known as S.T.S. High School. The School has a well equipped library, play ground for outdoor games and a Common Room for indoor games. The School also has well developed Computer Laboratory and other facilities to keep the students abreast with the latest technology. The alumni of the School have distinguished themselves in various walks of life, both in India and abroad.